Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Story of My Life

Set backs. Derailment. Changes in Plans. Everything happens for a reason? I honestly don't even know, but seriously? Yes. It's all happened, and more. I honestly don't even know which bits are and aren't important to the overall picture, but I'll try and piece it together. Fired. First one, and then another. The first was all that influenced me. Hours went funky again, waiting for another new hire. It was only a couple weeks, since I knew the guy. He's my buddy Frank. He didn't need training, but got it anyway. Then, it was my Birthday. My mom came down, so I had to spend a week cleaning my apartment which I keep way too messy to allow her to know, haha. While she was here, she gave me my gift: 3 years membership to 24 Hour Fitness and 14 personal training sessions. Hint hint, amiright? Haha, anyway, I knew it was something that would be good for me, and even though I hadn't planned for it... there it was.

Here it is. And so another month has passed without a single word written, much to my dismay, and that's when it happened. I realized... now isn't the time for this. I'm not in the right frame of mind. I'm no writer, I'm no author, and I just turned 29 years old and have very little to show for it. I've got things I need to prioritize in my life ahead of writing a book that may never see the light of day. Am I giving up? No. Next week, I may change my mind completely. For the next two months, though, I've got a trainer and a commitment to hit the gym 5 days a week. I'm going to be really sore, all the time, and when I'm sore I can't think. Not the sort of thinking necessary to create something as involved as a Novel. I'm hoping the soreness will start to subside, and I'll get used to this lifestyle, and like I said... who knows? For now, though, this is what it is.

But hey, I'll keep you updated. I'm not completely without my plans, either. Novels aren't the only way to have fun in life. Until next time...

Dream big,

Ian

2 comments:

  1. You have been on my mind constantly for the past few weeks. So weird about you getting fired. I had this weird feeling that was why I hadn't heard from ya.

    Going to the gym has its ups and downs. I find it easier when I have a partner with me. One who isn't going to ride my ass about it if I'm not feeling peppy. But when I go I sleep better and I feel better and well shit there's a reason it's good for us right?

    But guess what? I've been writing! Tonight was night 3. The hubs has been playing Battlefield 3 every night with his cousins so after the baby goes to bed I get about 2 hours of quiet writing time. I'm sooo rusty and its really awful starting with no idea how to start but I'm making myself do it. Just to remind myself that I once had dreams beyond raising kids and writing book reviews.

    Hang in the bro. Life's just like this sometimes. It'll change eventually and it'll be a new set of woes. ;)

    *hugs*

    AND OMFG blogger is being a douche! Won't let me post anywhere logged in as myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NO idea why I never got an e-mail telling me you responded! I'm totally pissed! I just re-read what I wrote, and I totally see how you could have gotten that I was fired... but I totally wasn't. Another co-worker was, creating extra shifts, etc. I would have called you by now, but with my new hours I wasn't sure when would be an OK time to call.

    If you read this, let me know and we'll catch up!!!!

    ReplyDelete